Dear Families of Pack 183,
POPCORN! GET YOUR POPCORN !
Pack 183 is once again participating in our annual POPCORN Fundraiser! Last year, our Gross Sales totaled $3,748. We were in the top 30% Gross Sales in our District! As a result, our Pack made a commission of $1,423.20. Collectively, our hard-working Scouts earned a total of $431 into their Scout accounts. With your help this year, we will once again yield high margins and your Scout and family will reap its benefits!!
Our POPCORN fundraiser helps Pack 183:
- Scouts earn money into Scout Accounts to reduce/pay for activities.
- Subsidize costs for our camp-outs
- Cover the costs of our Pack Meetings
- Cover the costs of our Pack Activities
With funds raised this year, Pack 183 hopes to:
- Purchase new tents for our Webelos.
- Enjoy additional activities
- Purchase additional gear
*2014 POPCORN SALES Rewards*
- All Scouts participating in the POPCORN sale will receive a custom South Florida Council Patch!
- Go for 30 Drawing! Complete an order form and you will have a weekly chance to win Gift Cards.
- $300 Fin Club – Sell $300 and qualify to receive a free ticket to a Miami Dolphin’s Game.
Pack 183 Sponsored:
- Every Scout will receive 20% of their total sales into their Scout account, for all sales above $75.
- Every Scout will earn one raffle ticket for selling $75 in sales. Earn one additional raffle ticket for every additional $25 in POPCORN Sales.
- The POPCORN Den Challenge – The Den tallying the most sales during Show and Sell Events will win a Pizza Party and bragging rights!
- Top 3 sellers get to pie Cub-Master, Warren Howard.
How will Popcorn Sales work this year?
In order to have a successful fundraiser, we need everyone in the Pack to participate in two aspects of the fundraiser, PART 1, the INDIVIDUAL SALES and PART 2, the SHOW & SELL events.
PART 1: INDIVIDUAL SALES: This will be achieved through a combination of Take Orders, Military Donations, and Online Sales. Here are 3 ways to sell:
Step 1: RIGHT NOW, you can get a head-start in POPCORN sales by Selling Online. It’s the easiest way to make a sale to those who live a distance away but want to support your scout. Please note that the items bought from your son’s family and friends, will be shipped directly to the buyer and will be subject to a flat rate shipping and handling charges. **NOTE that your scout will get credit for all online sales from his family and friends, as long as the buyer picks his name from the list when choosing which scout they are supporting.
To Sell POPCORN Online:
i. Go to www.trails-end.com
ii. Click on the word SCOUTS (in Red) in the top Right Corner.
iii. Click Create an Account.
iv. Click SCOUT.
v. Enter Date of Birth.
vi. Fill in the information requested. Please note that if a Scout is under a certain age, the parents will be contacted at the email listed for parent. Click Sign Up at the bottom of the page. Be sure to write down your username and password.
vii. If the Scout is under age, the parent will receive an email. The parents must click on the Activate Account button.
viii. The Account must then be approved.
ix. You will then be taken to a Log-On Screen.
x. After you Log in, you will arrive at a screen where you can manage your online sales.
Step 2: Show and Deliver – Scouts will be issued products of POPCORN from their Den Leaders after September 20th to Show and Deliver their neighbors and friends. When you receive your POPCORN products, Parents will be asked to sign a contract/check-out form.
PLEASE NOTE: This year we are contacting you early so that we can “Friendly-encourage” your family to submit $75 to Pack 183 when you check out your POPCORN products. The $75 is the cost of the POPCORN products. By you fronting the $75, you are helping the Pack avoid countless hours of tracking down families, collecting the money. The good news is that the sooner you sell your POPCORN, the sooner you will get your $75 back. J
Step 3: A “Take Order“ is when an order is placed using a sales sheet and products are delivered to the customer at a later date. Your Den Leader will provide you your order form after August 23.
PART 2: SHOW AND SELL: New this year….we will have THE POPCORN DEN CHALLENGE! All Dens will participate in Show & Sell events that the Pack will sponsor. Show & Sell, for those who have not yet participated, is a scheduled date on which your Den sells POPCORN outside a Publix, using POPCORN inventory purchased specifically for Show & Sell events.
New and Noteworthy: This year we have 2 great opportunities to help support our communities both near and abroad! We will continue to sell donation gifts of POPCORN for our TROOPS and NEW this year…we will sell donation gifts of POPCORN for THOSE IN NEED to assist a local community food bank.
Here are the key POPCORN dates to remember:
- Now – Start selling POPCORN Online.
- August 17th – ROCKET DERBY – More information will be provided about our 2014 POPCORN Fundraiser.
- August 24 – Take Order Sales Sheets will be made available through your Den Leader. *Note to your customers that POPCORN orders will be delivered to them between November 15 -28.
- September 11 – First Pack Meeting and POPCORN Fundraiser Kick-Off!
I am excited to see our Pack work together so we can make this year the most successful POPCORN Fundraiser yet!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Happy POPCORN selling!!
Jennifer Phillips, Pack 183, Fundraising Chair